Friday, April 9, 2010

Grandparenting




Is there anything that we wouldn't do for the precious jewels called Grandchildren in our lives? No Really, I am not kidding. These children have many more challenges than those that we have faced. I am amazed even more so now as a grandparent how these little ones pick up on everything. Why wouldn't we then give them everything such as a seed to plant so that their lives would be touched by the devine Creator and almighty God. When my grandaughter Gabby was very small maybe 3 I started to take her to church, Of course this was my opportunity to witness to her, so we would talk about Jesus. She just loved the song, "Jesus Lover of My Soul" so I would play it my car whenever she was with me. She new the words and sang along beautifully until almost always she would sing herself to sleep. One Christmas we were talking about Jesus being born and shortly after of course came Easter so we talked about Jesus dying on the cross. I forgot to mention to her that this happened quite some time ago so she was prepared to go after the Roman soldiers who killed him. Hmmm. There is so much to share and so little time. Get in what you can and then keep praying for the Power of God to make an impact on their lives.




Many Blessings,


Patty

No comments: